Open Afternoon 2016
Cleve House School and Little Cleve Nursery celebrated their first open afternoon for grandparents since headmaster Craig Wardle took the reins in September.
Following a recent plea in ‘The Post’ to help track down the history of the school, many old pupils and some past teachers contacted Cleve House with information. Thanks to the information received Cleve House has been able to establish that the school was thought to have first started in Kinsale Road, Hengrove around 1937, which is relatively near to its current site on the Wells Road.
Pupils proudly enjoyed showing their guests around the school and some gave a musical performance on the history of their school, a song which pupils wrote.
The surprise of the afternoon was a blast from the past, when a former Form 4 teacher Mrs Margaret Scott met with the current Form Four teacher – Mrs Fraser. Mrs Scott taught at Cleve House School over 40 years ago and Mrs Fraser was excited to learn that Mrs Scott had taught the parent of one of her current pupils!
The open afternoon ended with a lot of reminiscing and a cup of tea and a piece of cake in the school hall.
More photographs can be found in the gallery.